Saturday, November 24, 2007

Puzzling World

The Monster was really brave this morning and jumped out a plane at 15000ft with a man strapped to her back. I think she found it a harrowing experience. I was half tempted to join her, but after watching the dvd or her experience, I am glad I didn't (although they push you out of the plane, which was something I was worried about). I think I would have pulled out at the last minute and found it even more nerve wracking than she did.
It was a beautiful day here in Wanaka with a very high fire warning, because it was so hot. I'd say the temperature was as high as 30 degrees. It was a bit too hot for me. In the afternoon we went to Puzzling World, a few hundred metres outside of the town. It is a place full of puzzles, optical illusions and a maze. They had some cool 3d pictures, faces that seemed to follow you and a some amazing puzzles. My favourite room was one that messed with your balance. it was tilted and it looked like water was flowing up hill, a ball on a snooker table was rolling up hill and you could sit in this chair and roll up hill, but of course it was all an illusion. There was another room that if you entered at one door you looked like a giant and if you entered at the other you looked like a hobbit. It was most fun if two people stood at each doorway and then crossed the room and you could see them growing or shrinking at they went.
I was really looking forward to the maze, because I have never been in one and I have always wanted to do one. The fates were against me though, because a) it was VERY hot b) they didn't provide a map c) they had scary stairs. After a while running up and down the scary stairs, the Monster and I decided to call it quits. We found two of the four towers. I think if it had been cooler we might have continued. I think I am a better armchair puzzler. I am more at home in virtual reality.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The heat must have been a fab change after the cold and wet glaciers! Pity it was a little hot!

WHy didn't they give you a map for the maze? You could have been stuck there for days!!

Anonymous said...

The puzzling world sounds fun would love to visit